Like so many, we have been following the widespread devastation experienced in communities across the country and wondering how we can help.
Lion has today announced a suite of bushfire relief initiatives totalling $1 million that we hope will provide some relief.
Lion CEO Stuart Irvine said the company was committed to doing its bit to support recovery efforts in impacted regions.
“We have a very large footprint as a major brewer and dairy and drinks producer – touching countless townships and regions across the country,” Mr Irvine said.
“Our beers flow in the pubs and clubs that are truly at the heart of these communities, and it is absolutely devastating to see so many of these places ravaged by fires.
“Similarly, our farmers and growers have felt the worst of the drought for many months now – and to add these fires to the adversity they continue to face is hard to fathom.”
Lion has made the following pledges:
- XXXX GOLD will donate $100,000 to the Australian Red Cross and a further $2,000 for every four and $5,000 for every six hit on day four of the Domain Sydney Test. ($161,000);
- Our Dairy & Drinks team has been working with Foodbank across NSW and Victoria to deliver much needed food and beverage relief to impacted communities and emergency services. We will donate $30,000 in product and provide warehousing and logistics support where needed;
- Lion Australia will match the pledge of its valued partner the AHA NSW, with $250,000 to be donated to the St Vincent de Paul Society;
- Furphy will donate $100,000 to the Victorian Bushfire Appeal in support of the AHA Victoria;
- Lion Australia will donate $20,000 to the Australian Turf Club’s “Racing for the Bushfire Appeal”, culminating in a special race day at Royal Randwick on Saturday 25 January, where race day sponsorship funds will be dedicated to the bushfire appeal;
- Lion Australia will partner with its customers to raise additional funds through the sales of Lion’s beer brands. Lion will donate $50,000 to its partner Merivale’s fundraising initiative for the NSW Rural Fire Service. We will also run fundraisers through our own hospitality venues, like Little Creatures Fremantle and Geelong;
- Lion has partnered with the Australian Venue Co to launch ‘Shout a Mate the Aussie Way’, and from 6 January to 1 February, $1 from schooners and $2 from pints of Furphy and XXXX will be donated to the National Bushfire Disaster Appeal;
- Lion has also joined forces with ALM/IBA and $2 from every case of Iron Jack sold nationally will be donated to the NSW Rural Fire Service and the CFA. This initiative will commence at the beginning of February and run for 13 weeks;
- Lion has launched its own workplace giving appeal, matching team donations dollar for dollar with proceeds going to the Australian Red Cross.
- Lion will offer full paid leave for its employees volunteering to defend life and property;
- Any Lion Beer Australia stockist in the affected areas will have access to:
- Extended credit and invoice terms;
- Stock allowances and altered delivery conditions as needed;
- Free cleaning for draught beer systems to get pubs back open as soon as possible.
Customers not yet in contact with their sales representative should contact Lion Connect on 131513.
Our Dairy & Drinks business is also altering deliveries as required for our distributors, franchise owners and customers in affected areas – those impacted also have access to:
- Extended credit and invoice terms
- Product allowances to assist them in re-opening as soon as possible
- The Lion Dairy & Drinks Network Partner Support Program